2017 Paw prints on the Edge -Woodland Caribou
Product Code: CAN0017
A MINT FIRST! Hoof tracks run all along the coin's edge—a unique tie-in to the caribou theme!
Wildlife enthusiasts will thrill at this coin featuring caribou tracks all along the edge. It's a first-time effect that brings a unique perspective to the coin's design of a woodland caribou. This iconic species inhabits the remote regions of the boreal forest from British Columbia to Newfoundland and Labrador.
An ideal gift for an outdoor or wildlife enthusiast!
- A MINT FIRST! Striking edge patterning features animal prints that are carefully engraved all along the coin's edge in a continuous pattern—a creative tie-in to the image itself.
- AN ELUSIVE WOODLAND CARIBOU! This superb wildlife portrait of an elusive woodland caribou captures the majesty of the Canadian wilderness.
- INCLUDES VARIOUS FINISHING TECHNIQUES! The detailed design is brought to life through precision engraving, which is in turn enhanced by the use of various finishing techniques.
- LOW MINTAGE: Only 7,500 coins will be made available worldwide.
- ONE-OUNCE 99.99% PURE SILVER COIN!
Designed by Canadian artist Claudio D'Angelo, your coin features a side profile view of a woodland caribou (Rangifer tarandus caribou) in Canada's northern boreal forest. Detailed engraving captures both the ungulate and the scenery in stunning detail, all enhanced by the use of various finishing techniques. In the background, the tall coniferous trees line the edges of a still lake; the only sense of movement comes from the stocky and long-legged caribou, whose large rack of antlers naturally draws the viewer's eye. As the caribou moves along the sandy lakeshore, its hooves leave a trail of prints. The entire design gains an added sense of movement through the caribou's distinctive hoof prints, which are engraved on the coin's edge in a continuous pattern.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a graphic beauty box.
- Composition99.99% pure silver
- Weight (g) 31.39
- Diameter (mm) 38
- Edgeplain with edge pattern
- Face value20 dollars
- ArtistClaudio D'Angelo (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)