- Features the 'C' Mintmark not included on the circulating coin
- Limited mintage of 40,000 coins
- Coloured design celebrates Bringing Them Home - A Hundred Years Of Repatriation
- In 1919 the Repatriation Department was created by the Australian government to facilitate the repatriation of tens of thousands of soldiers and nurses, many of whom bore the physical and psychological scars of war. The Department provided war pensions, a soldier settlement scheme, and other vital services such as healthcare, education, housing and official commemorations.
- General John Monash was responsible for demobilization from the Western Front and Egypt. In spite of the challenges of dealing with issues of morale and the risks of the 1919 influenza pandemic, he accomplished the task in ten months.
A century later, the role of providing essential support to Australian servicemen and women, and their families, is now carried out by the Department of Veterans' Affairs. The centenary of the vital task of repatriation is celebrated with this 2019 $2 'C' Mintmark Uncirculated Coloured Coin.