2018 $1 Dragon 1oz Silver BU -with capsule
Product Code: 18S1225
- Struck from 1oz of 99.99% pure silver - the highest purity used in modern numismatics!
- Australian legal tender from our precious metal experts at the Perth Mint.
- Crafted to shimmering Brilliant Uncirculated quality.
- Affordable AND exclusive - just 500,000 issued worldwide.
- Features a superb stylised dragon motif.
The Perth Mint has enhanced its range of bullion coins for investors with a significantly new type of offering.
Struck in the shape of our popular minted bars, this new rectangle-shaped Dragon bullion coin is issued as Australian legal tender with the obverse portraying the 2018 year-date and the Queen’s effigy.
Made from 1oz of 99.99% pure silver, this release taps into surging interest in Asian-style design themes exemplified by the Mint’s highly successful Australian Lunar coin program.
With elements carefully chosen to convey the significance of Chinese lore and legend, the coins’ design visualises an Oriental dragon, a mythical creature revered for its benevolence. Its serpentine figure is chasing a flaming pearl, believed to have the mystical power to grant people their wishes.
Each coin is struck with meticulous attention to detail for which The Perth Mint is internationally renowned. Adding to their exclusivity, rectangular Dragon bullion coins are subject to strict annual mintage restrictions with no more than 500,000 silver coins being released.