2016 Canada Birthstone May 1/4oz Silver Proof Coin
Product Code: 16S638
Sparkling in a dizzying array of colours, gemstones are believed to have heightened attributes during the month they represent. This monthly series offers a cross-cultural celebration of the powerful, symbolic beauty of birthstones, which are each as distinct and unique as those who cherish them!
- Garnet, the birthstone for January which is said to bring constancy and loyalty
- Amethyst, the birthstone for February which is said to bring sincerity and peace
- Aquamarine, the birthstone for March which is said to bring courage and health
- Diamond, the birthstone for April which is said to bring innocence and love
- Emerald, the birthstone for May which is said to bring happiness and fertility
- Pearl, the birthstone for June which is said to bring balance and joy
- Ruby, the birthstone for July which is said to bring nobility and beauty
- Peridot, the birthstone for August which is said to bring felicity and protection
- Sapphire, the birthstone for September which is said to bring wisdom and calm
- Opal, the birthstone for October which is said to bring faithfulness and confidence
- Topaz, the birthstone for November which is said to bring friendship and strength
- Tanzanite, the birthstone for December which is said to bring wisdom and health
Crafted from 99.99% pure silver. The reverse design by Three Degrees Creative Group is both visually compelling and richly symbolic, with a thoughtful melding of traditional and contemporary design elements. In the background, a beautifully engraved lotus pattern fills the reverse in a modern take on the blooms that traditionally symbolize purity of the heart and mind. A majestic, mid-relief dragon is brought to life through intricate engraving that recreates it in extraordinary detail; its presence also carries a strong meaning, as the dragon is a time-honoured symbol of power, strength and good luck in Asian mythology. Above it, a traditional circular motif bears a Swarovski® crystal embellishment that represents each month's birthstone.